You Lack Nothing


Hey awesome people!
I have been in Deuteronomy lately and God just so laid the verse Deuteronomy 2:7 on my heart and He so spoke to me through that verse and I was just in awe at the greatness of our Savior. Deuteronomy 2:7 says, "For the Lord your God has blessed you in all your hand. He knows your trudging through this great wilderness. These 40 years God has been with you and you have lacked nothing." I feel like in simple day to day life, we can feel like we need more. Our society has told us "more more more." It's like nothing is ever good enough, and there is always something better.

This mindset is a mindset that will only let us down. It will only steal our joy, and it will make us feel less than we are. Listen, there will always be someone with "more." More money, more fame, more clothes, bigger house, better stuff. There's always someone with more, bigger, and better. BUT, God says that we lack nothing! In His eyes, there isn't more, bigger, and better because in God's Kingdom we can all experience the greatest and most biggest gift of all, eternal life!

God also says I KNOW you have been trudging through the wilderness. GOD KNOWS! He knows what your going through. He knows. It's so easy to think that God doesn't understand or that He doesn't know. Sometimes were like, "hey God! Remember me! I'm struggling over here!!" But God says, "my sweet child, I know your going through this wilderness, but precious child, you lack nothing in Me." We don't have to have the, "more more more" attitude when we already have the greatest gift of all.

When the Israelites were trudging through the wilderness, they complained. They didn't understand. They said, "God, this is miserable. You should've just let us die in Egypt." They said, "we have no water, we're gonna die!" But God whispers in our ear, "you lack nothing." God says, "I know." "I understand." "I'm still here." "I'm still in control."

God KNOWS, and He GIVES. Whatever life is throwing at you today, God knows. And no matter what deck of cards you have been given, you lack nothing.

In Psalm 23:1 says that the Lord is our Shepard, and we shall not want because we lack nothing.

Guys, this society tells us we need more more more. But I challenge you to live with a different mindset. Live with a mindset of Jesus. There is nothing wrong with having nice stuff and working hard to support yourself, but our mindset should be Jesus, not stuff.

It's all about mindset! God has been showing me lately that life is how you view it. A bad attitude = bad results. But a good attitude = good results! That simple!!

Philippians 2:14 says, "Do all without grumbling or question." We don't have to grumble, complain, or question when work gets hard and life gets tough! The Israelites grumbled a lot through the wilderness, and God had to tell them that He has given them all they need. :) God has cared for all of us, EVEN if your walking through a crazy wilderness right now. God is good, and God knows. He knows about you and He has NOT forgotten about you.

So I just wanted y'all to know that Deuteronomy has become one of my favorite chapters! God has spoken through it and it is truly amazing!! :) I think everyone should go read it, hehe!

- Jaycie:)

Comments

Post a Comment