life goes on...

hey guys!

One of my favorite songs is by Colton Dixon, and it's called, "Through All Of It.'" The chorus of the song goes like this...

"I have won
and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy, I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it."

These lyrics relate to life, and I think it's fair to say that we all have ups and downs. Whether its in school, sports, family life, health, etc, we all have hills and valleys. But the cool part is that in 1 Kings, God tells us He is the God of the hills and the valleys. 

I have missed 4 days of school in the past 2 weeks, and lets just say that being a sophomore in high school, I have plenty of work to make up. Although it can feel like im drowning in missed assignments and unlearned material, I also know that life goes on. Yah, making up late school work isn't necessarily fun, but I can either complain about it or try to do it with a good attitude. (I'll admit that i complained at first). But God put two verses on my heart that really spoke to me...

Exodus 33:14, "The Lord replied, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."'

Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest."

We serve a God of rest. It is as simple as that.
I was absent for 4 days because I was playing in a golf tournament. It was a two day tournament the first week, and a one day tournament the second week. On the first week, I played well and was able to qualify for the tournament on the second week. The second week, I did not play well and it was not the outcome I was hoping for. The thing is, God never changed.

God doesn't change when bad things happen. Even if the whole world were to change, God remains the same. This beautiful truth is the foundation of my life. I know that God is the only thing in my life that won't change, and Jesus Christ is my constant.
 CS Lewis puts it this way...
"Don't let your happiness depend on something you may loose."

If  I were to reflect on everything I have, it is fair to say that Jesus is the only thing I can not loose. Therefore, Jesus is where I have chosen to place my joy. This is why, no matter what life throws at us, we can say that life goes on, because Jesus never changes. 

The chaos of life isn't always fun, but it also isn't the end of the world. If your drowning in schoolwork, struggling in a sport, swept up in drama from friends or family, or whatever else is going on, I can say with confidence that Jesus is still there. He hasn't abandon you and He never will. 

this is just a reminder that life goes on, and no matter what happens, Jesus still has you wrapped up in His mighty arms. He loves you, so keep going and never give up. you got it.

(also you all should listen to Press On by Building 429!!)

xoxo,
Jaycie 

Comments