Not Of This World

This world we live in is full of gossip, hate, darkness, and bad influences. We as Christians are called to be the light of the world and shine the brightness of Jesus! This can be a very hard task for us because people can be mean and find Jesus as "uncool." Sometimes, it seems way easier to just go with the flow instead of stand up and stick to our beliefs. I know how hard it is, but I also know that it is so much more worth it to be persecuted standing with God, then be "cool" standing with men. This is because God gives us love, joy, and eternal life, something man can not give. When we stand with God, we are shining light into the world and we are pleasing our Father in heaven! He notices your sacrifice and He will use it for good. You make a difference by not conforming to the world, and that is how we as followers of Jesus Christ will change the world. God is all powerful and all mighty, and He can use small things to make a huge difference.
       I have been thinking lately on how I can make a difference in the world. I was getting really discouraged because I didn't have a lot of money to donate to charity, I didn't have a platform to share with a lot of people, and I didn't have that many non Christian friends. I was like, "God, I want to be a light, but I don't know how!" If you stumbled with the same problem as me, keep reading! God showed me that I didn't have to fly across the country or be super famous to make a difference, I just had to stick to my beliefs and not EVER conform to the world. If my secular friends were cussing or talking about bad stuff, I don't join into their conversation and just sit by myself. If someone is having a bad day, I say hi to them with a big smile. Something else I learned was that I needed to use my social media to spread positivity. Social media can be a very secular thing, but it doesn't have to be! By posting positive and uplifting things on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, we are not conforming to the world but standing out and being a light. Social media is huge nowadays and it is a great way for us to make a difference.
       A bible verse that shows us just how important it is to stand out is Romans 12:2, which says, "Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is, His good, pleasing and perfect will." God has a will for your sacrifice, even if it seems like an awful mess. If you are made fun of for your belief in Jesus, know that God has a will for it and He will turn it to good. The Lord not only will turn it to good, but He will stay with you even when everyone has turned away! How awesome is that! Our God will never leave us, but instead He will comfort us and love us because He never changes. As Christians, we already know that the world will not accept us. 1 John 3:13 says, "Do not be surprised that the world hates you." But we also know that we are not alone! John 15:18-19 says, "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world will love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." Although it may be tough to accept the fact that we are different and not accepted by the worlds standards, it is so so encouraging to know that we are not alone, because the world hated Jesus before it hated us. Jesus is with us and with Him, it doesn't matter who is against us! The world can be against us, but the truth of Jesus allows us to face the world with a smile, and be the light of it until we see our Father in heaven.
   - Jaycie:)

Comments