He's our Shepherd, we're His sheep

Hi friends!
You and I are God's sheep, and He is our Shepherd. God describes us as His sheep many times in the bible, and our God is the perfect Shepherd.

The dictionary says that a shepherd is
1. A person who tends or rears sheep
2. Tend sheep
3. Guide or direct in a particular direction

As a shepherd does these things for his sheep, God does them for us!

God tends for us and He takes care of us. Isaiah 40:11 says, "Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, in His Arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes."
God cares for us, and when we fall, God will not only be with us, but He will {carry} us. God will also lead us, but He will GENTLY lead us!!:) God is gentle and caring towards us, and He leads us into His perfect will, with gentleness and love.

Our God is a good Shepherd. He gives us abundant life and He would do anything for us. In John 10:11, God says, "I am the good Shepherd. The good Shepherd gives His life to the sheep." John 10:14-15 continues, "I am the good Shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am know. By My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My Life for the sheep."

Our Sweet Jesus not only carries us, leads us, loves us, and cares for us, but Jesus gave His life for us! WOW!! His goodness is overflowing because He is a perfect Shepherd. Jesus also said in John 10 that He knows His sheep. He knows each and everyone!! God knows all about your interests, your likes, dislikes, your strengths, weaknesses, and so much more!

God knows all about us and He cares about us so much that He wants to know about us and He wants to talk to us!

Ezekiel 34:11-16 says, "For thus says the Lord God, 'Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day. I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and bring them to their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the inhabited places of the land. I will feed them in a good pasture, and their grazing ground will be on the mountain heights of Israel There they will lie down on good grazing ground and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. I will feed My flock and I will lead them to rest," declares the Lord GOD. "I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick; but the fat and the strong I will destroy I will feed them with judgment."

God cares about each and everyone of His sheep as individuals, and if just ONE is lost, He will seek the one out. If just ONE is broken, He will take the time to fix the one up. God cares about you.
God says He will deliver us from places that were bad in our life. He will deliver us from the hand of the wicked and from the grip of terrible, because He loves us, each and everyone of us!

To all the lost and broken and sick sheep, He will see you out, sustain you, repair you, carry you, and protect you. Because our God is a good Shepherd. <3

Psalm 23 is one of my favorite chapters in Psalms, because it shows how good our Shepherd God is!!  Verse one says that God is my Shepherd, and I shall not want because I lack nothing.

When Jesus is our Shepherd, we are provided for, so we don't need to want more and more things, but instead we should want to serve the Lord and He will bless us with His perfect plan, and not our own!:)

Verse 2 says that He has me sit in green pastures and He leads me by still water.

God leads us to good places, and He keeps us safe and provides for us calmness and peace:).

Verse 3 reads, "He restores my soul and He leads me in the path of righteous, for His Names sake."

God will restore you soul, awesome friend!! He will fill your soul up with goodness, and God will lead you into a righteous path when you live for Him!!

Verse 4- "Even if I walk through the valley and the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the Lord is with me, His rod and His staff comfort me."

I love this one!! Even in dark times, we don't have to fear, because God protects us and comforts us, just as a shepherd protects his sheep:).

Verse 5 says, "He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies, He  anoints my head with oil, and my cup overflows."

God allows us to love our enemies, and I am so thankful that God not only fills our cup, but He overflows our cup!!

Verse 6 ends with, "Surly goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I dwell in the House of the Lord forever."

With God, we will always have mercy because He is merciful. He is pure goodness, and when we live for Him, we are filled with goodness and joy!! All the days of our life, we just need to serve our Shepherd and He will care for us, His sheep:)!!  

- Jaycie:)

Comments