what are we made for?

Hey guys :))
I was sitting in my living room when God put the topic of "what are you created for" on my heart. I looked up some verses and I thought it would be a great thing to blog about.

I think that as a christian it's easy think that we need to have some specific job or be involved in certain ministries in order to serve God with our lives. When I was younger, I thought that only Pastors, Missionaries, and other jobs that revolved around Christian ministries were bringing glory to God. As I got older, God showed me that it isn't as important what you do, as it is how you do it.

Whether you are home schooled or go to public school, or you're a lawyer or a teacher, or whatever else you may do, God wants to use you. Something that someone told me was this, "God doesn't just need pastors, He also needs plumbers and engineers, and all the other jobs." This may be super obvious to some people, but when i first heard this it kinda blew my mind.

When I said that it isn't as important what your doing, then it is how your doing it, it means that everyone is called to do different things and live different lives, but everyone is called to bring glory to God. Isaiah 43 is once of my favorite chapters, and verse 7 says this,
"Everyone who is called by My name, who I created for My glory, who I formed and made."

God shows us here that He has created everyone for His glory. It's a beautiful thought that God has given all of us different passions, talents, and gifts, but we are all called to use them in order to glorify God.
Some of us are amazing at public speaking and are able to speak life into thousands of people. Others are gifted at writing and are able to share the hope of Jesus through a text, email, or even a book. Some people are amazing at fixing things around the house and are able to help their neighbors and friends. No matter what it is, God has specifically given you talents in order for them to be used for His glory.

I think that along with bringing glory to God, we were also created to love God and love others. Matthew 22:37-39 puts it this way,
"Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

I think that these verses are verses to live by. Our life should be used to bring glory to God, to love God with everything in us, and love and serve people. God didn't create us to do this life alone. He created us to need Him, and to need people. It brings God joy when we help others and show love, and it also allows us to feel good to!

One more verse that goes along with this theme is 1 Corinthians 10:31 which says this,
"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

This verse sums it up pretty well. We will do lots of different things in our life, and every person will do different things. But what matters is that whatever you are doing, do it for God and bring Him glory through it.

Have a good morning/day/night,
Jaycie <3



Comments